Frenger's X-Wing® chilled beam represents the very latest development in passive beam technology. X-Wing® employs convective and "Radiant" cooling principles and is designed to deliver high cooling duties (up to 370 watts per meter) with no noise and minimal air movement.
As cold water passes through the chilled beam the warm room air is cooled against the beam's cooler surfaces. This cooled air, which is heavier due to its higher density, then streams through the punched louvres in the beam and percolates through the small ceiling perforations into the room space below. In this way air is circulated within the room, with warm air from the room being continually replaced by cooled air.Read More
X-Wing® is one of Frenger's latest range of next generation Chilled Beams. Energy efficiency has been a key driver for such advancements in Frenger's Chilled Beam Technology.
X-Wing® is only 125mm deep and can achieve up to 370 watts per meter as an exposed passive "Radiant" / convective cooling unit and up to 170 watts/m² when concealed behind an S5046 perforated metal ceiling (both sets of maximum performance are based on 10dTK).
At a glance
- Shallow Depth unit (only 125mm).
- Only 65mm clearance required behind unit and as little as 252mm total ceiling construction.
- Widths available 0.4m, 0.54m, 0.68m and 0.82m.
- Lengths available 1.2m up to 6.0m in increments of 8cm.
- Can be installed exposed or ideal for "concealed" applications such as behind perforated metal ceilings or within architectural metal ceilings such for ceiling integration or freely suspended Multi Service Chilled Beams.
- Eliminated risk of water leakage. No joints in the copper coil, just one continuous serpentine for all product widths up to 4m long and up to 6m long for up to 0.54m wide models (only 2 joints for 0.68m and 0.82m wide models over 4m in length).
- Specialist black coating for smooth, long lasting, easy to clean, uniform finish that increase the radiant absorption coefficient for the product.
- 40 percent more allowable passive cooling for X-Wing® without increased draft risk, this is due to X-Wings® "Radiant" quotient as compared to passive fin coil convective cooling products by others.
- Can be installed above light fittings with no loss of performance.
- Provides indoor climate in accordance with BS EN ISO 7730.