In-House Technical Capabilities
Frenger Systems have 3 number state-of-the-art Climatic Testing Laboratories at the technical facility situated at the prestigious Pride Park. Each Laboratory has internal dimensions of 6.3 x 5.7 x 3.2m high and includes a thermal wall so that both core and perimeter zones can be modelled. The test facilities are fixed in overall size and construction therefore simulation of a buildings specific thermal mass cannot be completed, it should, however be noted that a specific project can be simulated more accurately by recessing the floor and reducing the height as necessary.
Project Specific Testing
Project specific mock-up testing is a valuable tool which allows the Client to fully asses the proposed system and determine the resulting indoor quality and comfort conditions; the physical modeling is achieved by installing a full scale representation of a building zone complete with internal & external heat gains (Lighting, Small Power, Occupancy & Solar Gains). The installed mock-up enables the client to verify the following:
- product performance under project specific conditions
- spatial air temperature distribution
- spatial air velocities
- experience thermal comfort
- project specific aesthetics
- experience lighting levels (where relevant)
- investigate the specific design and allow the system to be enhanced.
The project-specific installation and test is normally conducted to verify:
- Product capacity under design conditions
- Comfort levels - air temperature distribution
- Comfort levels - thermal stratification
- Comfort levels - draft risk
- Comfort levels - radiant temperature analysis
- Smoke test video illustrating air movement
Frenger also employ the use of cutting edge thermography technology with FLIR® thermal imaging cameras to help determine the best way to improve project specific installations, as well as to further the development of Frenger's spatial conditioning technology.